Akira (Manga)

Akira is my favorite Anime movie,as I am sure is the same for many. However, I never got arround to reading the Akira Manga which came out in 1980. Wow, what a difference! So far, I am blown away at the extent of characters not seen or focused on, relationships between characters, and a clearer storyline (movie was directed by the author). Certain characters, such as Tetsuo and Kaneda, have more depth, more emotion, and more life than in the movie. Tetsuo is not the weak character that he seemed to be in the beginning of the movie, especially speaking out at Kaneda. Kaneda, in the book, seems to be more intelligent than his movie character, and maybe a bit more harsh. I have to say, it is worth the $25 to get each volume (6 in all), so run out to your local bookstore and pick them up, or order them. You won't be disappointed!!!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

Comments

Popular Posts